Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Profit is shown in negative in Balance Sheet report

Abdul Gafoor GK
on 11/5/15, 6:55 PM 571 views

Hello All,

I'm a bit confused why profit is shown in negative in Balance Sheet report.

When I check P&L report I see Income higher than expense. But when I checked Balance Sheet report, I see the same exact amount in negative against 'Profit (Loss) to report' line.

Can someone help please. Thanks

Anil R. Kesariya

--Anil R. Kesariya--
| 6 5 8
Gandhinagar, India
--Anil R. Kesariya--
ERP Consultant

Key Skill
Technical & Functional Expert
Anil R. Kesariya
On 11/5/15, 9:47 PM

Hi Abdul Gafoor GK,

Check your financial report configuration there is option to show your profit & Loss in negative or positive.

It is configurable.

Accounting>>Configuration>>Financial Report>>Account Report.

Find profit Loss one inside and change the value of sign on report.

Hope this might help.

Thanks Anil, but I'm still confused. 2 questions; 1. There must be a reason why default behaviour in this way. What's that and why? 2. Even after doing as you suggested, total liability remains same. That is, I can see the 'Profit (Loss) to report' as positive by following your method. But total Liability value is not changing. Regards, GK

Abdul Gafoor GK
on 11/5/15, 11:28 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 11/5/15, 6:55 PM
Seen: 571 times
Last updated: 4/8/16, 3:12 PM