This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hi did someone explore the needs to have technical data associated with a product? I need to store for each product some relevant data like dimension, size, conversion between unit of measure and so on. Does Odoo manage this kind of data or do I have to define additional attributes for each product?

Bye,

Sergio La Marca

Discard
Best Answer

Size and weight are default, although they might be to limited for your needs. Unit of Measure is also default and the conversion between them is built-in. For example, your base UoM might be "meters" where the KM UoM is 1000 times bigger than its base UoM (meter).

You can always define your own columns by extending Odoo.

Discard
Author Best Answer

Hi and thanks, I'll investigate. I need some material specific data for my products, but I also need to manage technical data relative to single pieces of equipment. Actually I have to manage for instance LPG tanks, with all relevant data like valve type, capacity, tank material, serial numbers, safety informations and so on. I am new to Odoo, and I am trying to understand if I can adapt the platform for my customers in a reasonable amount of time...

Bye,

Sergio

Discard