This question has been flagged
1 Reply

OpenERP Version 7.0-20140622-231040.

After I create several products in several different categories the products do not appear when browsing the categories via the Products by Category screen.  The category tree is in the dropdown menu and the categories appear when selected, but the categories contain no products.  If I create a product via the Products by Category screen the product then appears.  Products created via the Products screen do not.  Is this intentional or a bug?

Discard
Best Answer

It does not matter where you create your products from - you will just get different defaults depending on where you create from.

The following menu's all lead to the same form:

Warehouse --> Products --> Products by Category

Purchases --> Products --> Products by Category

Warhouse --> Products --> Products by Category

It shows the relationship between your categories:

It does not show any products until you click on one of the Categories, when you will be taken to a list of all products in that category with the ability to create new products with their Category preset to match.

Sales -->  Products --> Products only shows you products you can 'sell' unless you clear the search filter.

Purchases --> Products --> Products only shows you products you can 'buy' and 'need to buy' unless you clear the search filter.

Only Warehouse --> Products --> Products shows you all products by default.

If things aren't working this way for you, I'd suggest editing your question with more detail (which menus you are accessing, what you are clicking, what you are seeing, what you expect to see, what makes you think it is wrong).

Discard