Odoo Help

Product with multi variants options

By
Ged Mirski-Fitton
on 6/9/14, 8:07 AM 2,064 views

I am trying to set up a product on v8 web/ecommerce, with a number of options.  For simplicity let's assume it is a t-shirt available in red, white or blue, small, medium or large, cotton or acrylic.  So I want to show selection buttons (or whatever), for colour, size and fabric.  Does anybody know a) Can this be done? b) How to do it?

The product_variant_multi module from earlier versions does not install/work with v8.

Update: 14/6/2014

Els Van Vossel, thanks for pointing that out.  Following your comment, I did a bit more digging and multi-axis variants have been included in SaaS-5.  

Els Van Vossel (evv)

--Els Van Vossel (evv)--
| 6 3 7
Belgium
--Els Van Vossel (evv)--

Author of some OpenERP / Odoo books

Els Van Vossel (evv)
On 6/11/14, 9:38 AM

In the latest trunk version, product variants are automatically included. You can find products (which are the product templates) and product variants in the menu Sales > Products.

Juan José Scarafía
On 6/10/14, 10:33 AM

Hi Ged,

We know the module product_variant that solve the issue of creating multiple products from a template, and generating variants from the variables wanted...for example: color.

Regards,

Juan José - Ing ADHOC

Ged Mirski-Fitton
On 6/11/14, 8:59 AM

Hi Juan,

Does that mean you know how to configure a product for this behaviour in the new ecommerce/web module, or that you think it should be possible?  Any help or pointers would be much appreciated.

Regards

Ged

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/9/14, 8:07 AM
Seen: 2064 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM