Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Product with multi variants options

Ged Mirski-Fitton
on 6/9/14, 8:07 AM 1,788 views

I am trying to set up a product on v8 web/ecommerce, with a number of options.  For simplicity let's assume it is a t-shirt available in red, white or blue, small, medium or large, cotton or acrylic.  So I want to show selection buttons (or whatever), for colour, size and fabric.  Does anybody know a) Can this be done? b) How to do it?

The product_variant_multi module from earlier versions does not install/work with v8.

Update: 14/6/2014

Els Van Vossel, thanks for pointing that out.  Following your comment, I did a bit more digging and multi-axis variants have been included in SaaS-5.  

Els Van Vossel (evv)

--Els Van Vossel (evv)--
| 6 3 7
--Els Van Vossel (evv)--

Author of some OpenERP / Odoo books

Els Van Vossel (evv)
On 6/11/14, 9:38 AM

In the latest trunk version, product variants are automatically included. You can find products (which are the product templates) and product variants in the menu Sales > Products.

Ged Mirski-Fitton
On 6/11/14, 8:59 AM

Hi Juan,

Does that mean you know how to configure a product for this behaviour in the new ecommerce/web module, or that you think it should be possible?  Any help or pointers would be much appreciated.

Juan José Scarafía
On 6/10/14, 10:33 AM

Hi Ged,

We know the module product_variant that solve the issue of creating multiple products from a template, and generating variants from the variables wanted...for example: color.

Juan José - Ing ADHOC

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 6/9/14, 8:07 AM
Seen: 1788 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM