Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Product UOM differs from the purchase UOM

By
Rami Talat
on 3/6/15, 2:52 AM 1,283 views

My client is buying a product in pieces of iron (plate pieces) with specific area (length * width) and thickness from the suppliers and use these pieces in his manufacturing and inventory processes by pieces in units

The problem is that he is buying this product by weight (in tons,) and the supplier produces invoices to the total weight for the purchased pieces in tons not in units.

Moreover, when he moves this product from/to his warehouses, he deals with piece (or unit) with specific dimensions (length * width * thickness).

For example;

Purchase uomTon

Warehouse uomUnit (with dimensions: length * width * thickness)

Therefore, each piece of this product should be in unit, and in the same time has three dimensions (length * width * thickness), and should also refer to the purchase unit of measure (ton).

So, how Odoo’s can overcome this problem?

Maurice Agée
On 7/24/15, 2:26 PM

exemple :

purchase : Raw steel diameter 25 mm long 5 m ans purchased 10 € per kg

This part of steel weight 10 kg.  Tien thé total cost is 100 €

Manufacturing : We used this to make several parts and we manage wharehouse in mm.

for part A we used 15 MM. ,  for part B we used 65 mm

Wharehouse : 1 MM for 100/ 5000   >>>  1 MM for 0,02 €

First solution is create  New category with uom1 = kg   and uom2 = MM  with coef = 1/2000

But if we have another Raw but in Wood the coef change !!

I think the best is create new class with columns : product_id , purchase_unit , product_unit , coef.

But the most is new class with columns :

product_id

unit.   = purchase_unit if buy_ok = 1   Or = sales_unit if sales_ok = 1. 

product_unit

coef

I try this .....but no good résul for the moment 

but this available with product can be sold only, what to do if product is only can be purchased ?

Divyesh SC
on 10/23/15, 8:46 AM
Guru
On 3/8/15, 11:17 AM

You can think about buying this product in tons, (as you explained). then define a workcenter in the supplier company to cut these plates into units, and continue you manufacturing process.
The question is why you insist to use dimensions to each unit?

Our needs is to know the dimensions of the that piece in addition to that you purchased it in ton!

Rami Talat
on 3/10/15, 6:53 AM

Zura Tsiklauri

--Zura Tsiklauri--
| 5 2 6
Tbilisi, Georgia
--Zura Tsiklauri--
Zura Tsiklauri
On 3/6/15, 3:11 AM

Create a New category. Then create a Ton and Unit UOMS in it and give a coefficient. This will solve your problem.

If you have many suppliers from whom you buy in Tons, then call the new UOMS in new category: Tons of X, Unit of X, in order to aviud duplicate UOMS.

Thanks Zura for your quick reply, it was really creative. But I updated my question to get more explanation to my problem, which is a little bit more complicated than it was.

Rami Talat
on 3/8/15, 11:09 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/6/15, 2:52 AM
Seen: 1283 times
Last updated: 10/23/15, 7:26 AM