Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Product Template Columns sorting wrong

By
David Todd
on 5/16/16, 2:34 PM 398 views

I have two columns that don't appear to be sorting correctly. 

The first (and most serious) is my quantity column. When scrolling through the table, or clicking the column name, the numbers appear to only be sorting within their place (All numbers that start with 1, numbers starting with 2, etc) and this appears within groups

This screenshot might help a bit:

The second is the price column. No matter what changes I make to the sort order and direction, I simply can not click the column name to sort by lowest-highest price (or any other sorting for that matter, clicking does nothing)

Ray Carnes

--Ray Carnes--
| 9 7 9
Greater Los Angeles, United States
--Ray Carnes--

Senior Odoo Analyst

OpenERP 6.1, 7.0 and Odoo 8.0, 9.0 (Since 2012)

Completed Functional and Technical Training.

Major Skills:

• Needs Discovery and Requirements Analysis;

• Function and Technical Specifications;

• Project Planning;

• Prototyping and Proof of concepts;

• Data migration;

• Configuration & Customization (UI and modules);

• Integration - data, business logic and service levels;

• Training and Knowledge transfer;

• Go Live support;

• Help desk;

• Version Migration.

I have over 20 years of experience empowering and enabling users with enterprise information systems that make a real and measurable difference in their ability to proactively manage their businesses and organizations. 

Ray Carnes
On 5/16/16, 9:58 PM

What data type is your quantity column?

From the screenshot, it is left justified, and numeric fields/columns are right justified in Odoo.

Sorting is only supported on regular fields/columns (where the record value is stored in the database).  For products, the following fields/columns are functional (no value is stored in the database - the value is calculated on the fly): cost price, quantity on hand, quantity available.

Thanks for your quick response. The Quantity was stored in the database, but it was a char type. Using http://www.postgresonline.com/journal/archives/29-How-to-convert-a-table-column-to-another-data-type.html, I was able to convert the type to integer without losing my data (or having to go through backing up and restoring the data manually)

David Todd
on 5/17/16, 11:35 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/16/16, 2:34 PM
Seen: 398 times
Last updated: 5/17/16, 11:32 AM