Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Product template

By
KB
on 7/1/16, 6:58 AM 310 views

Hi,

I will like to add fields in article type, because i need more option. For the moment i have just the option  Consumable or Service, and i will like to add a fields like Licence or Equipment.

Do u have any solution to solve the problem? 

Thanks a lot

Pinakin Nayi (pna)
On 7/2/16, 2:43 AM

Sorry, but why you want extra types even in Equipment module you can create your own equipment. And for licences you can choose service type product.

Thanks. 

Yes, good answer. Use consumables or product type for equipments and Services for licenses.

Fabien Pinckaers (fp)
on 7/2/16, 11:20 PM
KB
On 7/7/16, 4:11 AM

"Sorry, but why you want extra types even in Equipment module you can create your own equipment. And for licences you can choose service type product.

Thanks. "

Because it will be more easy for me to find my product, easier for my research. 

Because I have problem with the internal reference, in fact the internal reference appear in my quote and i dont want that. 

Have u got a solution for that? 

Thank a lot

Abhishek H Menon
On 7/1/16, 10:38 AM

In your custom module, you can redefine the particular field by inheriting the product.template model.

class product_template(models.Model):

_inherit = 'product.template'

type = fields.Selection(options, string="Type")

Like the above, it is easy if you copy and paste the base field, and put it in your inherited model, and add the appropriate opltions along with the previous options if you need.

don't do that, you will have lots of errors as the code expect to have consumables, services and products.

Fabien Pinckaers (fp)
on 7/2/16, 11:19 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/1/16, 6:58 AM
Seen: 310 times
Last updated: 7/7/16, 4:11 AM