Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Product search information

By
Ouya Obunga
on 2/20/13, 5:25 AM 549 views

I'm a newbie in OpenERP. What I would like to have is that whenever I search a product, say product x, apart form the usual options it gives, it also drills down a listing of suppliers of product x and their corresponding prices. This will easily help me to choose the best price when placing an order for product x. Additionally, I would like to have a hyperlink that can make me process the order right form the option of the best price that I have picked. Please help.

Daniel Reis

--Daniel Reis--
| 6 7 9
Lisbon, Portugal
--Daniel Reis--

Author of the "Odoo Development Essentials" book.

Applications Manager at Securitas Portugal

Github: https://github.com/dreispt

Twitter; @reis_pt

Daniel Reis
On 2/20/13, 5:35 AM

The Produts list stores the products your company buys and sells, and is ment to hold information on them such as reference selling or cost prices.

What you describe is something different - is a supplier catalog browser, permanently updated. This would require a module development and also a strategy to automatically import data catalog data from your suppliers.

Thanks for the information Daniel. Since I'm not that good in OpenERP, perhaps you can suggest to me someone that can do the module development. At the moment, I use a manual method where before I buy a product, I have to go to previous orders from suppliers and compare the prices manually. Help.

Ouya Obunga
on 2/20/13, 5:43 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/20/13, 5:25 AM
Seen: 549 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM