This question has been flagged
6 Replies

Hi All,

I want to be able to search for my products not just according to their names but also internal references in products page. For this purpose, i went to developer mode and tried to open search view on products page. But it was empty. I could not do anything. Could you please help me with this?

Thanks in advance.

Discard
Best Answer

It is by default search through the Internal Reference if you enter the a string into the search bar.  Product's name_search has been inherited to search the entered string against default_code (Internal Reference) first, then ean13 and then name to return the results (see odoo/addons/product/product.py)

Discard

I believe this is only true if Sansal is viewing the product variants. The Products menu item actually opens the product templates view.

Best Answer

The Products menu item opens a list of product templates.  If you want to search by Internal Reference (default_code), you have 3 options:

1. then you can use the Product Variants menu item
  2. Modify the search view on product template
  3. Use the advanced search on product template tree view

Click the Manage Views item from the Developer Mode menu.  You can edit the view from Settings --> Technical --> User Interface --> Views.  Look for a view named "product.template.search."

This is an irritation that you can read more about here:

https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/why-does-the-menu-item-for-products-open-product-templates-view-63510

Discard
Author Best Answer

But when ı try such searches ıt doesnt happen so. 

Discard

I'm not sure what make it so. It may be other modules that interferes with it. If you can (back up the database first), uninstall all non-official modules and see if it works.