This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hello,

I will try to express my question as simple as possible. I want to configure odoo for a glass store. This store has 8-square-foot (24 "x48") glass sheets and 5 available sizes, A 0.5 ft (6x12 "), B 1 ft (12x12"), C 2 ft (12x24 "), D 4 ft (24x24) ") And F 8 feet (24x48"). I discovered that when using variants I can create a variant called "available measures" and add the 5 measures mentioned above. I can even set different prices, references and weight for variants which is what I wanted. BUT I see at the point of sale, the variants are treated as different products, and not as a product with 5 options (which is what I intended to do). This is not a big deal, the real problems are the following:

I want to track how many square feet I'm selling. Let's say I have the 8 square foot sheet. If I sell 3 of the "A" (0.5 feet) option of this glass, then I should have 6.5 square feet in my inventory.

This also happens in the eCommerce, when selecting any of the options, upon receiving the order, 1 square foot is always recorded regardless of the selected measure.

Is there any way to make it work?

What I am looking for is that in the variants, as well as a price, a reference and a specific weight can be given, a quantity could be given to each one.

Thank you very much!

Discard
Best Answer

What do you mean by "recorded" ? on my eCommerce (Odoo 10 CE), stock is updated according to each sold variant.

If I understand right, what you need is really to manufacture glasses depending on available square foot glass sheet. You can do it with the manufacture module.

Or may be you can play with UOM (units of measure) to solve this, so each glass size would be expressed as a quantity of UOM instead of variant. See the documentation in Inventory / Products :

\\

• \How\ to\ use\ different\ units\ of\ measure\?\\\
  • \Using\ product\ variants\\\
  • \When\ should\ you\ use\ packages\,\ units\ of\ measure\ or\ kits\?\\\
  • \How to use packages?
    Discard