Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Product property Odoo v9

By
Rodney Carrilho
on 5/26/16, 10:10 AM 411 views

Hi, need some help here. I installed Odoo Community v9 because of the beutifull floor plan which can be created. No I miss the Product property tab to create toppings for in a restaurant. Let's say I sell a Pizza and I want some Extra Cheese on it which will be an extra charge for 1 EURO. Did they really removed that function in v9 or is it not available in the Community version?

Rodney Carrilho
On 5/26/16, 1:06 PM

Hi Edser, thank you very much for your response. I am referring to the following function/module:

https://www.odoo.com/apps/modules/8.0/product_properties_by_category/

I can find this one for version 8 and according to the video of Mr. Husen Daudi Instructor at SerpentCS.

https://www.udemy.com/odoo-restaurant-management/learn/v4/overview

In one of the lessions he shows the Property tab. Anyone any idea?

Hi Rodney, As far as I can see this community module is only available for Odoo 8.

Lara
on 5/27/16, 10:53 AM
Edser Solis
On 5/26/16, 12:56 PM

I actually don't recall a properties feature within the PoS but you should have a look at two things: Product Variants and PoS categories. 

I don't work much with PoS however I believe it now works with Product Variants which may help you on this. 

With PoS categories you can add a new tab which would have all the extras and you can put as many extras of the same as you'd like. For example you may want 3 extra cheese, not only one. With Variants you won't be able to do this. 

Depending on what you're intended to do you may go with the one or the other or both. 

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/26/16, 10:10 AM
Seen: 411 times
Last updated: 5/26/16, 1:06 PM