This question has been flagged

Our company currency is EUR. The prices of some of our products are specified in EUR (services, software, ...). The prices of other product shall be specified in USD (hardware). Offers and invoices shall be created either in EUR or USD, depending on customer choice.

Now our problem is that the field 'public_price' in the product model has no currency attribute. How do we manage to achieve the above goal? Are price lists the way to go? Maybe EUR price lists referencing to USD price lists? Or are suppliers the way to go?

Discard
Best Answer

If you use pricelists,  then in its configuration menu you will find 'Price Types' option allowing to associate currency with the public price field (or for some other fields) - and then you can define pricelists in more clear maner (all fields default to your company currency). 

From my experience, in a case when you need additional prices in other currencies, which are not really based on formulas but rahter on fixed values then the best option is to ceate new field(s) in product definition and add later required currency in 'Price Types' as above and then use this prices as a base in the Pricelists definition.

Discard
Author

Many thanks. The 'Price Types' was the hint I needed. The conversion between the different currencies works quite good. However, during my tests I discovered a pitfall. I have installed the "Prices Visible Discounts" module. And with this module installed the price lists have an attribute called "Visible Discount" which is enabled by default. And with this feature enabled the currency conversion Odoo apparently "thinks" that there is some discount due to the differing nominal values on the quotation/invoice: 5000 USD => 3900 EUR => 22% discount?! But with "Visible Discount" disabled everything works fine for me. I don't know whether this is a bug or a feature?

Will test discount story - will need it soon and my exchange rate is more than 500:1

Best Answer

Did any one find other solution for this problem?

In my company we need to have some products cost and sale price in MXN and other products cost and sale price in USD, I know we can use the price list for sale, but this is not a real solution for our problem, for example:

We have a lot of products form USA and the products of course are in USD, we need to set a COST in USD for this products and set a margin of 30% for example, we have also other groups of products in that we need a COST in other currencies and again set a margin and for our customers we sale all products only in MXN, so I can't fin a real solution for do this in a easy way.

Any help will be appreciated.

Discard