Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Product Price in wrong currency

By
Zeno Trevisan
on 6/2/13, 1:52 PM 1,057 views

Dear all

I am trying to get a setup to work where:
a) two companies are involved, company A with currency C1, company B with currency C2
b) company A is parent of company B (currencies are both configured appropriately for the companies and the accounting)

In this state the observation was that for PO in company B the product price was interpreted with currency C1 of company A despite the company B having a different currency set. The PO was entirely created in the currency C1. After consulting various posts I tried with pricelists:

c) For company B I have defined pricelists in currency C2
d) For company B I have furthermore defined dedicated products and product categories, the products have sales and purchase prices set

Now the situation has slightly improved in that creating a new PO under company B will result in a PO with currency C2 but the price defined on the product is still interpreted with currency C1 and the order line amount will therefore be just converted to currency C2 with the corresponding rate.

What I need however, is that under company B the price defined in the product is natively interpreted with the currency of company B in this case C2. How can this be achieved?

thanks in advance for all support

Cheers
Zeno

Zeno Trevisan
On 6/2/13, 2:43 PM

Found the solution: There is also a currency on the price type which I missed out to configure correctly. It was set on currency C1 instead of C2.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/2/13, 1:52 PM
Seen: 1057 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM