Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Product price deppends ot the quantity

on 8/31/13, 1:48 PM 924 views

When i create some budget or sent order of any product, the price deppends of the quantity, i need defined some rules or rate. For example for de product XXXX de price is 6.49 if the customer buy 4 items the price is 6.17 (more expensive)

Thanks in advance

Ray Carnes

--Ray Carnes--
| 9 7 9
Greater Los Angeles, United States
--Ray Carnes--

Senior Odoo Analyst

OpenERP 6.1, 7.0 and Odoo 8.0, 9.0 (Since 2012)

Completed Functional and Technical Training.

Major Skills:

• Needs Discovery and Requirements Analysis;

• Function and Technical Specifications;

• Project Planning;

• Prototyping and Proof of concepts;

• Data migration;

• Configuration & Customization (UI and modules);

• Integration - data, business logic and service levels;

• Training and Knowledge transfer;

• Go Live support;

• Help desk;

• Version Migration.

I have over 20 years of experience empowering and enabling users with enterprise information systems that make a real and measurable difference in their ability to proactively manage their businesses and organizations. 

Ray Carnes
On 8/31/13, 2:45 PM

This is managed via Pricelists

To help you work most effectively, OpenERP's pricelist principles are extremely powerful yet are based on simple and generic rules. You can develop both sales pricelists and purchase pricelists for products capable of accommodating conditions such as the date period, the quantity requested and the type of product.

Speaking about quantity : in product_pricelist_item table, i see min_quantity. is there a way to set a range for quantity ? From 1 to 100 = X, from 101 to 500 = Y etc. ?

on 8/31/13, 7:43 PM

Yes. If you set a minimum quantity in Min. Quantity, the rule will only apply to a quantity equal to or larger than the quantity set. This way, you can define reduced rates in steps according to the quantities ordered. First rule, min quantity of 500, second min quantity of 100, third no minimum quantity. Several rules can be applied to an order. OpenERP evaluates these rules by sequence number, to determine which rule(s) to apply to the specified price calculation. If several rules are valid, only the first in sequence is used for the calculation. The Sequence field determines the order.

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 8/31/13, 10:27 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 8/31/13, 1:48 PM
Seen: 924 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM