Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

product multiple locations or tag(s)

on 3/7/13, 3:02 PM 1,071 views

I created 2 locations at the warehouse, one for stock (name "stock") and one for samples (name "samples"). Obviously there is an overlap in products. Default location for stock and sales is "stock". If I receive or send samples, I manually change the destination cq. source location of the products, ensuring the correct location is updated.

In the products view (Warehouse > Products > Products) I see all entered products and the stock of the location "stock". Via Warehouse > Inventory Control > Location Structure I can select one of the locations and via windows Product by Location I can select Analyse Current Inventory or Analysa a Period.

In both cases I see again all the products I entered in OpenERP. However I want to see only a selected (sub)set of products, because for example of drums and ibc's I hardly will have samples. On the other hand, amples are mostly ca. 1kg packings, which I do not sell and do not have to show up in the stock view.

Question: How to filter products on location, keeping in mind there is an overlap of products/packings?

I thought why not add a tag, like you can do with "partners". In that way I can tag a product for "Sale" or "Sample" or both. How can this be done?

The module openerp-product-attributes could solve my problem, but is not official / included in the distribution version of OpenERP. What is the status of this module?

on 4/2/13, 11:08 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 3/7/13, 3:02 PM
Seen: 1071 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM