Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Product Description Incorrect

By
Mohamed Alsagoff
on 11/21/15, 1:47 AM 514 views

Why is the product description editor unavailable?

When i duplicated Item1 [becomes item1 (copy)], i edited the product name to Item2.
When i did a purchase order, and chooses product item2, the product description is incorrect item1 (copy).

A bigger problem is that in the journal entries it is all documented as item1 (copy).

zbik

--zbik--
| 6 4 7
Lodz, Poland
--zbik--

zbik
On 11/21/15, 11:14 AM

When you copy a product all translations are copied. Your base language probably is English. Name Item2 is in your language, name item1 (copy) is in English. After copy, you click o name and on "translate" icon in the same field and change source name in both languages. 

Thank you. That's perfect. When i switched to English (from English (UK). All my products have the same name. Weird. So is English the default one or English (UK)?

Mohamed Alsagoff
on 11/22/15, 2:30 AM

In standard, base=en_US

zbik
on 11/22/15, 5:08 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/21/15, 1:47 AM
Seen: 514 times
Last updated: 11/22/15, 2:29 AM