This question has been flagged

Hi,

I'm trying to create a brewery customization. In order to do this, I would like to create different types of products. For example Yeast, Malt and Hops. Each Product has it own group of specific properties. So I reasoned: Lets inherit a new product from the standard product like this:
import time
from openerp.osv import fields, osv
class product_yeast(osv.osv): _inherit = 'product.product' _name = 'product.yeast' _columns = { 'yeast_form': fields.selection([('Vloeibare gist', 'Vloeibare gist'), ('Korrelgist', 'Korrelgist')], 'yeast_Form'), 'yeast_type': fields.selection([('Bovengist', 'Bovengist'), ('Bovengist', 'Bovengist'), ('Ondergist', 'Ondergist'), ('Wilde gist', 'Wilde gist'), ('Menggist', 'Menggist')], 'yeast_Form'), 'yeast_Flocculation': fields.selection( [('Laag', 'Laag'), ('Laag-medium', 'Laag-medium'), ('Medium', 'Medium'), ('Medium-hoog', 'Medium-hoog'), ('Hoog', 'Hoog'), ('Niet', 'Niet')], 'yeast_Flocculation'), } product_yeast()
next I was trying to make a customized view for this:

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<openerp>
  <data>
  <data>
        <record model="ir.ui.view" id="view_product_form_yeast">
           <field name="name">product.product.tree.inherit</field>
            <field name="model">product.yeast</field>
            <field name="inherit_id" ref="product.product_product_tree_view"/>
            <field name="arch" type="xml">
                <field name="ean13" position="after">
                    <group string="Yeast">
                  <field name="yeast_form"/>
                  <field name="yeast_type"/>
                  <field name="yeast_Flocculation"/>
                    </group>
                </field>
            </field>
        </record>
        <record id="product_normal_form_view" model="ir.ui.view">
            <field name="name">product.normal.form.inherit</field>
            <field name="model">product.yeast</field>
            <field name="inherit_id" ref="product.product_normal_form_view"/>
            <field name="arch" type="xml">
                <field name="ean13" position="after">
                    <group string="Yeast">
                  <field name="yeast_form"/>
                  <field name="yeast_type"/>
                  <field name="yeast_Flocculation"/>
                    </group>
                </field>
            </field>
        </record>
    </data>
</openerp>
I was planning to make different views for each productType (yeast, malt, hops). But now it seems that the view doesn't work because product.yeast doesn't contain the field 'arch' tough it is inheriting from product.product:

raise ValidationError('\n'.join(errors))
ParseError: "ValidateError Field(s) `arch` failed against a constraint: Invalid view definition" while parsing file:///C:/Bitnami/odoo-8.0-6/apps/odoo/Lib/site-packages/odoo-8.0_a2115ef-py2.7.egg/openerp/addons/brewery/product_view.xml:4, near <record model="ir.ui.view" id="view_product_form_yeast"> <field name="name">product.product.tree.inherit</field> <field name="model">product.yeast</field> <field name="inherit_id" ref="product.product_product_tree_view"/> <field name="arch" type="xml"> <field name="ean13" position="after"> <group string="Yeast"> <field name="yeast_form"/> <field name="yeast_type"/> <field name="yeast_Flocculation"/> </group> </field> </field> </record>

So probably I'm modelling my products in the wrong way. What is the preferable way to add fields to different types of products? What are the downsides of my approach? Kind regards and thank you for your comments, Thijs

Discard
Best Answer

1. In XML you have duplicate

<data>
<data>

2. Do not use in tree view

<group string="Yeast"> 

3. My suggestion, inherit by this way (without new model definition)

class product_product(osv.osv):
    _inherit = 'product.product'
####_name = 'product.yeast'
<field name="model">product.product</field> 

Discard
Best Answer

If you are going to have a small database and looking for a quick solution then do as Zbik said. However with this solution you'll have a plenty of empty data on your database and you may encounter some troubles with your code. My suggestion is to continue with what you are doing but you need to define new views for your custom models.

Discard