Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Product Costing / Landed Cost in OpenERP (non existent)!

By
Damian Phang
on 12/27/13, 10:18 AM 29,140 views

Correct me if I'm wrong but even the latest openerp does not allow simple product costing calculation.

When companies import a product, we issue a PO and forwarders take care of importing and clearing the products. The invoice with taxes and duties will come later, not at the same time the PO was generated since not all companies do FOB shipment. Even with FOB, it's not a door to door service so there's always a later part where an additional invoice would come in which adds to the product cost.

I have not found a proper way to get this done. How do I go about linking a set of expenses to a certain PO and calculating the average costing for that particular shipment? Then from there calculate the average cost of the product automatically using the average costing method in openerp?

There is a "landed_costing" module but this module is flawed. The module would calculate the landed costing fine BUT it simply creates a separate journal entry including the "landed cost" BUT the extra landed cost is not accounted for in the journal entry! That totally messes up the whole system.

Els Van Vossel (evv)

--Els Van Vossel (evv)--
| 6 3 7
Belgium
--Els Van Vossel (evv)--

Author of some OpenERP / Odoo books

Els Van Vossel (evv)
On 9/16/14, 10:43 AM

In Version 8, you can attribute landed costs. For more information, please refer to https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/how-can-i-assign-landed-costs-to-my-cost-price-55132

Gustavo

--Gustavo--
| 2 1 4
Buenos Aires, Argentina
--Gustavo--

Python developer, big fan of sailing

Gustavo
On 12/27/13, 10:25 AM

You have to implement analytical accounting in OpenERP in order to perform cost accounting. You will find further information here:

https://doc.openerp.com/6.0/book/4/4_10_Accounts/4_10_Accounts_place/

Israel Cruz Argil
On 8/21/14, 12:38 PM

Try this module:

https://code.launchpad.net/~argilsoft/+junk/asti_purchase_prorate

It's "easy" to use assuming you are using Average Cost:

1. Place PO for Stockable goods and confirm it (DO NOT RECEIVE UNTIL NEXT STEPS ARE DONE)

2. Place POs for Services (Freight, Unload cost, Download costs, etc). Confirm, edit PO and "link" every services POs wit PO from last point.

3. Receive stockable goods

Give it a try and comment.

Kind Regards

Damian Phang
On 12/27/13, 10:57 AM

How should these scenario be setup?

#1 - Simple Purchase - Place a PO with supplier - Additional freight charges incurred - Adds freight charges to product costing (on average, based on value)

#2 - Complicated import and distribution - Place a PO with supplier - Pay in Secondary currency - Wait for product to arrive at port - Wait for product to arrive, receive freight invoice - Add in additional expenses incurred - Adds all charges above as an average to the products based on per value

These 2 can be done easily if we manually calculate the costing separately from OpenERP but we wish to implement the whole system properly.

again, you need to implement the analytical accounting. Study how it works and then you will figure out how to setup the scenarios you described above

Gustavo
on 12/27/13, 1:25 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/27/13, 10:18 AM
Seen: 29140 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM