Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

product category names missing

shashank verma
on 1/7/14, 8:09 AM 809 views

Hello folks

Iam importing product categories from e-commerce website into openerp. All product categories visible sale->congiguration-product->product categories.

now when i create new product in Openerp ,i select product category from many2one field , but some of the product categories are missing. How can i resolve this bugs.

Go to the categories and make sure they are all set to active

on 1/7/14, 8:16 AM
shashank verma
On 1/7/14, 8:37 AM

hello kaynis

How can set to active? do i have to set active by filling "Category Type"? image description

Your category needs to have a type. If you set the type to Normal, I think that should help

on 1/7/14, 8:40 AM

Thanks a ton.

shashank verma
on 1/7/14, 8:47 AM

Glad to help. PS you might need to set the correct input, output and valuation accounts if you have not set a specific one in for each product under Accounting tab. the product input and output accounts cannot be same as the category input and output accounts

on 1/7/14, 8:57 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 1/7/14, 8:09 AM
Seen: 809 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM