Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Product categories on mobile layout

By
Roberto Barreiro
on 2/2/16, 9:49 AM 662 views

Is there any way to add product categories to the mobile website?

Roberto Barreiro
On 2/5/16, 12:18 PM

It is entirely possible, website_sale.products_categories view must be edited, by removing hidden-xs parameter:

<?xml version="1.0"?> <data inherit_id="website_sale.products" active="False" customize_show="True" name="Product Categories"> <xpath expr="//div[@id='products_grid_before']" position="inside"> <ul class="nav nav-pills nav-stacked mt16"> <li t-att-class=" '' if category else 'active' "><a t-att-href="keep('/shop',category=0)">All Products</a></li> <t t-foreach="categories" t-as="c"> <t t-call="website_sale.categories_recursive"/> </t> </ul> </xpath> <xpath expr="//div[@id='products_grid_before']" position="attributes"> <attribute name="class">col-md-3 hidden-xs</attribute> <!-- remove hidden-xs from this line --> </xpath> <xpath expr="//div[@id='products_grid']" position="attributes"> <attribute name="class">col-md-9</attribute> </xpath> </data>

Thank you for this solution. My answer was given concerning the standard modules. Of course it is always possible to achieve almost anything with modifying the code.

Ermin Trevisan
on 2/14/16, 6:34 AM

It would be really great if you could provide a small community module with this enhancement.

Ermin Trevisan
on 2/14/16, 6:35 AM

I'm working on it. On a few days I will upload my module. Take a look to disgal.es/shop from a mobile device.

Roberto Barreiro
on 2/15/16, 3:46 AM

Ermin Trevisan

--Ermin Trevisan--
| 6 3 7
Walchwil, Switzerland
--Ermin Trevisan--

Ermin Trevisan
On 2/3/16, 4:00 AM

In that case, it's possible to force desktop layout for mobile devices?

Roberto Barreiro
on 2/3/16, 6:17 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/2/16, 9:49 AM
Seen: 662 times
Last updated: 2/5/16, 12:18 PM