Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Product Brand-manager

By
Séraphine
on 10/27/14, 8:35 AM 1,154 views

Hello,

I use this link : https://www.odoo.com/apps/7.0/product_brand/, to create a brand for my product. But in odoo v8 there are an error. Someone can help please? Or know how to do it ?

Because the field "categ_id" doesn't exist in the new version v8 of table product. How to solve it?

Séraphine

gunnar

--gunnar--
| 6 7 8
Germany
--gunnar--

born

gunnar
On 12/15/14, 5:13 AM

hi Seraphine,

I am on v8 and have successfully installed product_brand in a test. It is officially not ported to v8 yet and I wanted to test whether it might just work 'as is'

actually there is a field 'categ_id' in v8. The dsiplay name is Internal Category and it appears on the Accounting tab of the product Form view [product.template] as well as the variants Form view [product.product]. Mayb e you have no Accounting installed in v8 yet which is maybe why you did not have the categ_ig field yet.

I have another issue and maybe you can help with that. As I sais I want to test whether product_brand works in v8. I can install it but am not 100% whether it does what it was supposed to do. I don't have a running 7.0 machine running, so I can not verify that and maybe you can help me with that. Mainly I have 2 issues I find strange and would like to countercheck those against 7.0

1. the Brand Name appears in the Accounting tab of the product Form view in v8. This seems a weird place to me. I would expect that in the "Information tab" or even in the  header right next to the Name of the product. It that the same in 7.0?
  2. I can assign a brand to a Customer or Supplier but in the Contacts Form view there is no field showing the brand (or even brands) this customer is related to. Do you have such a field in a 7.0 environment?
Emad Jaddou
On 3/8/15, 8:53 AM

Hi,

Is it possible that you send me this model as well?

Martin Pascualon
On 1/8/15, 7:00 PM

Hi, did you try this https://github.com/youring/product_brand/tree/8.0 ?

Regards

Martin

Ermin Trevisan

--Ermin Trevisan--
| 6 3 7
Walchwil, Switzerland
--Ermin Trevisan--

Ermin Trevisan
On 3/10/15, 3:33 AM

I have downloaded it from the apps store and installed it on my 8.0 installation. I'm working with the new website themes and the menu "Shop by  brand" does not show up in the website?

Séraphine
On 12/15/14, 8:14 AM

I do the modification for the product_brand on v8 and now it's working. 

The brand name appear clearly. Do you want to install it? I can sent you a copy.

Have a nice day,

Séraphine

yes, that would be great if you could send a copy "gw [AT] irisgermanica.com". I will put it in the OCA repository then.

gunnar
on 12/15/14, 5:47 PM

can you either send your workable module to my emailaddress mentioned above or take care of the updating the OCA repository with your ported module? thanks

gunnar
on 12/18/14, 4:15 AM

I sent it to you. :)

Séraphine
on 12/22/14, 6:56 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/27/14, 8:35 AM
Seen: 1154 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM