Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Procurement is not creating PO

By
aaa
on 6/17/14, 6:30 AM 1,835 views

Hi,

I am using the online version of Odoo. When I created an order, which triggered an procurement. However, it didn't generate a PO.

The status of the procurement is always running, I don't know how to tigger it to make a PO.

Please see this screenshot http://imgur.com/gn2ZwHP

How does it actually work?

Thanks

aaa
On 6/18/14, 3:33 AM

Thanks Fabien,

What is the difference between 

1.  Make To Order

2. Buy?

I remember there were Make to Order and Make to Stock and I know the difference between these two. For the above two, I thought they are simillar

P.S. I don't know why I couldn't comment on the answer.

The field for procurement (make to order / make to stock) only tells you if you should procure for a specific sale order or in general because you need the product on stock. The other field for procurement (Buy / Manufacture) tells you HOW the product will be procured (how you will "get" it). So, if that is set to Buy then Odoo will create a purchase order as a reaction. If it is set to Produce then Odoo will create a manufacturing order according to the underlying Bill of Material. By the way, I did not see the field to choose either in you screenshot. Only the routes field which is not something that I have used before.

Ludo - Neobis
on 6/18/14, 10:34 AM

This is the on-line version of Odoo, I guess it is not quite ready for production? It is hard to understand how the procurement works

aaa
on 6/19/14, 6:51 AM

I cannot imagine the online version not being production ready in that sense, but it might be. Maybe this piece of documentation will make it more clear on how to use/configure Odoo: https://doc.openerp.com/book/5/5_14_Stock/5_14_Stock_inv/#automatic-procurement

Ludo - Neobis
on 6/19/14, 7:24 AM

The documentation is not applicable to the online version anymore, the flow changed a bit, at least there is no supply method and the "Routes" option is new. And Fabien's answer didn't work well, with 'Routes' set to MTO, even though there is a reordering rule, PO won't be generated. However, if 'Routes' is set to 'Buy', then PO will be generated. Moreover, looks like it is necessary to manually run the scheduler to trigger the creation of PO, I have installed mrp_jit, not sure what else I should make it automatic.

aaa
on 6/19/14, 7:30 AM

Fabien Pinckaers (fp)

--Fabien Pinckaers (fp)--
| 6 8 8
fsdsdfsdf, Belgium
--Fabien Pinckaers (fp)--

Odoo Founder & CEO

Fabien Pinckaers (fp)
On 6/17/14, 6:37 PM

If you want to have your sales order to generate purchase orders, you need to set your product as "Make to Order". Otherwise it is waiting that products become available on the stock (and PO can be generated by minimum stock rules)

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/17/14, 6:30 AM
Seen: 1835 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM