Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Process refunds within next invoice

on 9/25/14, 9:36 AM 663 views

I am receiving refunds from a supplier regularly. Is it possible to book these refunds in openerp so that they are acutally considered in the next supplier invoice from this supplier? E.g. I receive 4 refunds, I book the refunds and whenever I create a new supplier invoice for this supplier I would like to have these refunds subtracted automatically. Is that possible? If not, waht would be the best way to handle this problem?

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)

--Fabrice Henrion (fhe)--
| 7 7 8
San Francisco, United States
--Fabrice Henrion (fhe)--

Director Odoo USA

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)
On 9/25/14, 3:47 PM
  1. Create a Supplier Refund when you receive a refund.
  2. Then, when you have to create a Supplier Invoice, create it to its full amount.
  3. When the time comes to pay your Supplier Invoice, go to Accounting > Supplier Payment and create one. As soon as you select the supplier in the field, the Supplier Refund and the Supplier Invoice will appear in the Credit and Debit sections. This is where you have the chance to pay the amount of the invoice minus the amount of the refund by allocating their full amounts. You can even allocate those amounts partially according to the situation (eg. you only want to use the full refund amount to pay half of the invoice).

More on this here: https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/excess-payments-on-invoices-in-v7-40371

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 9/25/14, 9:36 AM
Seen: 663 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM