Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Procedure to make my wonderfull module become part of the official version of OpenERP ? [Closed]

Jeudy Nicolas
on 2/12/13, 6:46 AM 1,539 views

The Question has been closed

Jeudy Nicolas
on 07/23/2013 13:37:47

Like fpinckaers say, Saas offer doesn't accept custom module or development. That a choice and I agree with this. Fabien said that the only way is that my wonderfull module become part on official OpenERP version.

• What is the correct way to propose my module ?
  • I make some modules that correct some view and try to correct some usabililty defect. Should I propose module or patch core of OpenERP with a merge proposals ?

Thank in advance for your reply.

Fabien Pinckaers (fp)

--Fabien Pinckaers (fp)--
| 6 8 8
fsdsdfsdf, Belgium
--Fabien Pinckaers (fp)--

Odoo Founder & CEO

Fabien Pinckaers (fp)
On 2/12/13, 7:24 AM

What is the correct way to propose my module ?

There is no way to propose a module. The R&D team decides which module they will incorporate based on usual feedback channels (customer feedback, launchpad discussions, most downloaded modules on apps, ...).

In other words: you can not push your module, the R&D pull the ones that fit their priorities.

So, the chances to integrate you new modules in the official distribution is extremely low as we want to avoid increasing the number of official module. (we currently focus on improving the quality rather than the quantity of official modules)

The real question is not "how to make my module become official" but rather "how to give more visibility to community modules" and better integrate them in OpenERP so people can use them easily (one click install, update, better apps plateform...)

Being official should not be a requirement for a module to be widely used, maintained and visible. --> otherwise contributors will get frustrated. So, one of our goal is to allow users to easily use, update and find community modules.

I make some modules that correct some view and try to correct some usabililty defect.

If you fix or improve the usability of existing module, please do a merge proposal on the trunk branch.

If you want to add new features, you should develop a new module because we usually refuse merge proposals which are new features.

"Saas offer doesn't accept custom module or development" If I understand him, he wants SaaS and to be able to add an unofficial module. Is there a way?

on 2/12/13, 8:32 AM

I have to have my own Saas Offer or find a partner that can do it with custom modules :)

Tuxservices, Jeudy Nicolas
on 2/13/13, 11:05 AM

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 2/12/13, 6:46 AM
Seen: 1539 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM