Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

problems with custom module that adds loc_rack to product tree view

By
Wim Van Ertvelde
on 1/21/15, 4:47 AM 535 views

Hi,

I'm using v7 and I'm creating a custom module to change the product.product.tree view.
I want to add "loc_rack", loc_row", "loc_case" columns to it.
Here is my xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<openerp>
  <data>
    <record model="ir.ui.view" id="product_tree_locations">
        <field name="name">product.product.tree</field>
        <field name="model">product.product</field>
        <field name="inherit_id" ref="product.product_product_tree_view" />
        <field name="arch" type="xml">
           <xpath expr="/tree/field[@name='state']" position="before">
                <field name="loc_rack" />
                <field name="loc_row" />
                <field name="loc_case" />
            </xpath>
        </field>
    </record>
  </data>
</openerp>

This actually works, but it fails miserably when I want to either upgrade or do a: --update=all
This is the error:

ERROR moduletest openerp.osv.orm: Can't find field 'loc_row' in the following view parts composing the view of object model 'product.product': * product.product.tree

except_osv: ('ValidateError', u'Error occurred while validating the field(s) arch: Invalid XML for View Architecture!')

Is it because the loc_ fields are from product.template ???  In that case, how do i get these on product.product.tree ??

Bole: I get a recursion error on this:

class product_product(orm.Model):
    _inherit = 'product.product'
    _columns = {
        'loc_rack': fields.related('product_tmpl_id','loc_rack',type="char", string="Rack"),
        'loc_row': fields.related('product_tmpl_id','loc_row',type="char", string="Row"),
        'loc_case': fields.related('product_tmpl_id','loc_case',type="char", string="Case"),
    }
product_product()

Should I use   'new_loc_rack': fields.related(...  and use   <field name="new_loc_rack"/> in the xml ?

Hi Bole, I'm not too experienced yet with all this, but do you mean that I need to create a product.py file like this: class product_product(orm.Model): _inherit = "product.template" _columns ={ 'loc_row' : fields.char('Row', size=16)

Wim Van Ertvelde
on 1/21/15, 5:01 AM

Hi Bole, I actually get a recursion error when I use your code: class product_product(orm.Model): _inherit = 'product.product' _columns = { 'loc_rack': fields.related('product_tmpl_id','loc_rack',type="char", string="Rack"), 'loc_row': fields.related('product_tmpl_id','loc_row',type="char", string="Row"), 'loc_case': fields.related('product_tmpl_id','loc_case',type="char", string="Case"), } product_product()

Wim Van Ertvelde
on 1/21/15, 9:41 AM

Well, that's what I had in the first place.. I just had one xml, and no .py where I added them (see the xml in my original post). This installs fine, but gives errors when you do a --update all.

Wim Van Ertvelde
on 1/21/15, 10:15 AM

Bole

--Bole--
| 5 4 6
Zagreb | Karlovac, Croatia
--Bole--

there is only 10 kind of people the ones that understand binary ... and others

Bole
On 1/21/15, 4:51 AM

The fields are on product_template... 
to show them on product.product tree, 

just add them to tree view...(nothing in py file! only xml)

(inherit product.product tree view and place fields where you need them)

all this(below)  i wrote before is not realy needed... 
(excuse me for not thinking before i wrote answer...)

make them fields related, and you can show them easily
Edit on comment:

yes, file product.py,
no,
_inherit = 'product.product'
_columns = {
    ''loc_row' : fields.related('product_tmpl_id','loc_row', type="char", string='Row')
}

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/21/15, 4:47 AM
Seen: 535 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM