Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

problems with changing the body of an email template V6.1

By
Steve Alexander
on 11/21/13, 10:00 AM 1,295 views

I have changed and saved the body of an E Mail template in V6.1 but when I preview it, I get the old version of the template any ideas?

Did you Change it via the client??

Subhin P V
on 11/22/13, 3:24 AM
Subhin P V
On 11/22/13, 3:31 AM

Check the xml file that is used to create the Email template. Check if there is:

<openerp>
    <data noupdate="1">

at the start of the file.

on setting noupdate="1" the changes made in the template using the client will remain like that.. Else the noupdate value would be taken as "0" by default.. and the email template would be reset to the way it is defined in the xml file each time you restart the Server

Hi Subhin I have checked the XML file and noupdate is not set, the Change to the template has been saved and now shows when I open the template but when I preview the mail the preview uses the email body BEFORE the change.

Opensys Ltd, Steve Alexander
on 11/22/13, 8:03 AM

No Update needs to be Set as 1. Then u can change The template body from The Client and then save it. Then Send a mail and See.

Subhin P V
on 11/27/13, 2:16 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/21/13, 10:00 AM
Seen: 1295 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM