Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Problem with Menu Items in my module

By
wizardz
on 6/16/16, 2:47 AM 322 views

I'm trying to make a new navigation point at the topbar navigation in odoo8

With this I can make that with a navigation on the left side.

<record model="ir.actions.act_window" id="buttons_example_action">
<field name="name">timesheet NEW</field>
<field name="res_model">hr_timesheet_sheet.sheet</field>
<field name="view_type">form</field>
<field name="view_mode">form,tree</field>
<field name='view_id' ref='test.hr_timesheet_sheet_form_presence'/>
</record>

<!-- top level menu: no parent -->
<menuitem id="main_button_menu" name="Timesheet Head Menu"/>
<menuitem id="button_menu" name="Timesheet NEW" parent="main_button_menu"/>
<menuitem id="menu_detail_logging" parent="button_menu" action="buttons_example_action" sequence="20"/>

My problem is now, that when I want more links on the left navigation, I can't get it.

How can I make that easly with the first navigation "timesheet NEW" linked to the hr_timesheet_sheet.sheet  view?

Hello, are you using the Admin user ?

Ahmed M.Elmubarak
on 6/16/16, 2:55 AM

yes I'm using only admin user

wizardz
on 6/16/16, 2:56 AM

Jérémy Kersten (jke)

--Jérémy Kersten (jke)--
| 3 2 5
Jodoigne, Belgium
--Jérémy Kersten (jke)--

Jérémy is a member of the core R&D team since september 2013. He developed several projects for OpenERP version 8 including the eCommerce, the Google Calendar synchronization and the new product variants/configurator. Now, he manages Odoo website and themes for saas.

Jérémy Kersten (jke)
On 6/16/16, 4:51 AM

This code works in V8... fyi

"Sales" is Top menu,

"Partners" and "Products" main left menu

others are sub menu in left side

<menuitem name="Sales" id="menu_root_yyy" groups="base.group_user" sequence="15"/>

<menuitem id="menu_partners" name="Partners" parent="xxx.menu_root_yyy" sequence="0" groups="base.group_user"/>

<menuitem name="Customers" id="menu_customer_action_yyy" parent="menu_partners" action="action_customers_yyy" sequence="10"/>

<menuitem name="Praticiens" id="menu_praticien_action_yyy" parent="menu_partners" action="action_praticiens_yyy" sequence="20"/>

<menuitem name="Commercials" id="menu_commercial_action_yyy" parent="menu_partners" action="action_commercials_yyy" sequence="30"/>

<menuitem name="All partners" id="menu_all_partner_action_yyy" parent="menu_partners" action="action_all_partners_yyy" sequence="40"/>

<menuitem id="menu_products" name="Products" parent="xxx.menu_root_yyy" sequence="10" groups="base.group_user"/>

<menuitem name="Products" id="menu_product_action_yyy" parent="menu_products" action="product_template_action_yyy" sequence="10"/>

<menuitem id="menu_product template" action="xxx.product_normal_action_sell" parent="menu_products" sequence="11"/>

this is not working, How can I make a simple menuitem very simple

wizardz
on 6/16/16, 5:17 AM

Can you post your [all xml file] code here , so we may figure out your problem ...

Ahmed M.Elmubarak
on 6/16/16, 7:47 AM
wizardz
On 6/16/16, 5:27 AM

Why I'm getting error, I only want to link the timesheet view in the action. can someone help?

<menuitem id="main_menu" name="Test Topbar"/>

<menuitem id="section_main_menu" parent="main_menu" />

<menuitem id="real_menu" parent="section_main_menu" action="act_hr_timesheet_sheet_form"/>

maybe because you have no sub menu ;)

Add one submenu under partners and it should works...

Jérémy Kersten (jke)
on 6/16/16, 5:48 AM

and how?

wizardz
on 6/16/16, 6:01 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/16/16, 2:47 AM
Seen: 322 times
Last updated: 6/22/16, 10:02 AM