Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Problem with inehrit

By
John
on 2/25/13, 11:42 AM 570 views

hello,

I've made a new menu to the existing one "HR". Into my view, I do: model=hr.employee

after I only use the field "name" because i only need this one. However, when i come back to the menu employee (the existing) ...It 's became the same that mine. With just the field name.

How can i use the fiel name of employees without having this problème?

Sorry for my bad english and thank ou in addvance to your answer.

Jonathan

Cyril Gaspard (GEM)

--Cyril Gaspard (GEM)--
| 5 6 8
Paris, France
--Cyril Gaspard (GEM)--

Forum contributor since 2008

Cyril Gaspard (GEM)
On 3/16/13, 7:48 PM

Hi,

in fact in the view and/or python class, you must use attribute inherit, then without this attribute, the original view will be replaced by yours ...

but without your code, we can just imagine ...

Bye

John
On 3/17/13, 6:46 AM

First thanks to yours answers, it was helpfull.

For the right answer: i had to use inherit but I had not to repalce the original.

So the solution was to use the attribute "priority" into my new view and put it in a greater number than the original.

Hi, sorry, you're right, my answer was bad, I believe the question talking about a new view (but this is for a menu). you shoukd post your code too, it will be better to understand and answer. The important thing is you have finfd solution by yourself, good. Bye

Cyril Gaspard (GEM)
on 3/17/13, 9:06 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/25/13, 11:42 AM
Seen: 570 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM