Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Problem with email : All emails going to spam

v7
By
rishi kesh
on 3/22/13, 8:31 PM 3,389 views

Hello, i have successfully setup openerp 7 in centos and everything runs smoothly expect the emails. I have setup the outgoing mail server but all the emails i sent from openerp is landing to the spam box. I also checked that, the email address given on the company page is being used no matter what i have configured on the outgoing mail server. For example, If i add my company mail id as info@facebook.com, the welcome mail is being sent from info@facebook.com and its directly getting to the spam.

Am i missing some part of the configuration? Because i want all my employees to use the openerp interface to send their emails and i don't find any settings in their login where they can configure their own outgoing email server. Can some one please help me what i am missing here.

Thanks.

Most anti-spam softwares report extra-information in the header of emails about their ranking as spam. Check the detailed header in the received email to understand why it has been ranked as a spam.

Fabien Pinckaers (fp)
on 3/23/13, 4:36 AM
rishi kesh
On 3/24/13, 5:33 AM

Ok i got this fixed. The problem was with the signature that says Access your messages and personal documents through our Customer Portal

It was linking to the ip address. I got the ip address changed to domain and its works fine now.

AJ Schrafel Paper Corp

--AJ Schrafel Paper Corp--
| 4 5 8
Bronx, United States
--AJ Schrafel Paper Corp--

Exploring OpenERP for business

AJ Schrafel Paper Corp
On 3/22/13, 11:00 PM

This has nothing to do with openERP. You need to properly setup your email server. If you do not have a static IP address and a domain that you own stop, you cannot prevent your mail from going to spam sending mail from your server.

You absolutely cannot send email claiming to come from a domain you do not own and expect it to go anywhere but to the spam box.

Telling your server to claim its mail if from a domain you do not own, like facebook.com, guarantees all your email will goto spam.

Yes i understand that, I do have my own static ip address and a domain that i own. I am not trying to send email claiming from some other domain but i am saying that all the emails are treated that way.

rishi kesh
on 3/23/13, 3:33 AM

You need to setup SPF ptr dkim records for your domain. This has nothing to do with openERP

AJ Schrafel Paper Corp
on 3/23/13, 11:41 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/22/13, 8:31 PM
Seen: 3389 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM