Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Problem with date fields with a custom timezone

By
Grover Menacho
on 1/16/14, 12:12 PM 1,089 views

I've a question about dates on the system because I've some issues with it.

My problem is the following:

My timezone is: GMT(-4)

I don't have issues with datetimes because my users have GMT(-4) too, but my problem is with dates, for example, if I'm creating a payment through invoice date field is automatically filled but looking through the code default date is:

'date': lambda *a: time.strftime('%Y-%m-%d'),

so it's ok, but problem happens when someone creates a payment after 20:00 GMT(-4), because it's filled with the date of the next date.

Is there something I can do about this? Payments should not have other date.

Thanks,

Grover Menacho

In my case also faced the same issue after changing default date value into 'date' : fields.date.context_today issues fixed.

Prakash
on 1/17/14, 1:17 AM

Ok, I'll try, but this means that I've to do this with every date that is by default on the system. =S

GH Mediacloud, Grover Menacho
on 1/20/14, 8:54 AM

Yes in default openerp sale order same code used fields.date.context_today

Prakash
on 1/20/14, 9:01 AM

Thanks for your answer, it seems that there is no other way,

GH Mediacloud, Grover Menacho
on 2/3/14, 10:38 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/16/14, 12:12 PM
Seen: 1089 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM