Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Problem with creating form view in Odoo

Risbourg Guillaume
on 6/19/14, 8:32 AM 1,072 views

I've discoverd that i can create my own module (with this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrXrxuAKFRY).

But when i try to create my own form view, i doesn't get it created. I just made like the man do in the video (approximatively after 3:00) but i don't get my own form view in the list.

The only difference between the vid and my module are the field of the table : he got a char and i got a many2one pointing on res.partner

Somebody got an idea please ?

Thanks by advance

Can you provide us the code (both python and XML?) and the error message, if any?

Luis Filipe Castanheira
on 6/19/14, 10:23 AM

I don't have code nothing. I just make like in the video.

Risbourg Guillaume
on 6/20/14, 3:17 AM
On 6/19/14, 11:36 AM

Did you register your form view in the __openerp__.py file?  Maybe your module is referencing the other form from the video, so change the 'data': 'your_form_view.xml'. Also remember to import your class file in the __init__.py file

Risbourg Guillaume
On 6/20/14, 3:16 AM

I have code nothing. I've just made like in the video and he doesn't tell me to code something.

And in the "C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenERP 7.0-20140618-231101\Server\server\openerp\addons" i don't see the plugin that i've created.

EDIT : Problem solved, i've create the form view by myself ^^

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Asked: 6/19/14, 8:32 AM
Seen: 1072 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM