I'm currently having problems as I don't quite understand the use of BoM. An example is that I have created a product, sushi, with the materials being rice,seaweed and fish. But when I purchase the sushi on the POS system, only the quantity of sushi decreases but the quantity of rice,seaweed and fish still remains at the original quantity. I want the quantity of rice, seaweed and fish to decrease when the sushi is being bought. How do I do that? Thanks.
BOM is basically use for the manufacturing product. so It's not possible to decrease stock of child product directly with the sale order of parent product.
But If you create BOM with Sets / Phantom type. Then processing a sales order for this sushi product, the delivery order will contain the rice,seaweed and fish, instead of the finished product.
So you can showoff the child product with this configuration.
A BoM is not a POS product kit, it's an ingredient list to produce a a final product that will in turn be sold.
- "ingredients" (raw materials) are consumed with the production process.
- "final product" is "consumed" with the sale to the final customer.
In your example,
- The customer orders "sushi"
- The "sushi" production is initiated, and consumes rice,seaweed and fish materials.
- As a result, a final "sushi" product is added to the stock.
- The "sushi" product is delivered to the customer and taken out of stock.
An alternative, it to somehow sell a product "kit", but AFAIK that feature is not available in official modules.
Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!
About This Community
|Asked: 10/29/13, 5:11 AM|
|Seen: 1551 times|
|Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM|