Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Problem Uploading Attachments (non pdf)

on 7/8/13, 5:39 AM 2,030 views

I'm having problems uploading any attachments on Openerp v6.1. In my case it'a .csv file and it keeps "uploading" for ever even with a 2kb file. I have tried several types of files and also used a different client (still Windows 7) with same results.

Client: Windows 7 Server: Ubuntu Server on a VM (host Windows 7)

It used to work a while ago, same Openerp version hosted on a VM, only change is the host systems that is now W7 and used to be Vista when I used attachments last time i tried

From the server log the last log call is "POST /web/binary/upload HTTP/1.1"

I have turned off firewall and antivirus with no positive results.

Update: The problem may be related to the Browser version as it only applies to Firefox (v22.0), whilst works fine with Chrome - still it would be nice to be able to fix it on Firefox

on 7/8/13, 5:58 AM

I can confirm this is an issue with 6.1. Since newer versions of firefox the upload is not working anymore, some users seems to have problem with IE as well. Some test shows the upload seems to work (), but the browser cannot handle the response currectly

Openfellas UG, Kristofer Eriksson
on 7/9/13, 11:28 AM
On 7/10/13, 7:20 AM

Probably you got into bug 1197783

Yes, it looks like it. Luckily the current version of Chrome seems to work fine which is good as it's faster than Firefox.

on 7/10/13, 2:13 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 7/8/13, 5:39 AM
Seen: 2030 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM