Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Problem to insert a new board (reporting)

By
Davide
on 6/12/14, 8:26 AM 1,385 views

When I clik on Reporting -> Configuration -> Create Board

and I insert Name and click on create, I receive the follow error message:

Access Denied

The requested operation cannot be completed due to security restrictions. Please contact your system administrator.

(Document type: ir.values, Operation: create)

Why the user is is able to see that menu and not able to create a new board? How can I allow the user to insert new boards?

Thanks.

Maurice Bernard
On 6/25/14, 5:24 AM

Having the same issue, also tried to change permissions for ir.values in security, added ir.values to a group and assigned the user to it, without success.

Seems to be bug for quite a time.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/openobject-server/+bug/1150005

Antonio M. Vigliotti
On 6/13/14, 5:01 AM

Have you multi_company installed?

no

Davide
on 6/13/14, 9:55 AM

I have not. Only one company is setup.

Davide
on 6/13/14, 10:36 AM

Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.

--Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.--
| 6 6 8
Gandhinagar, India
--Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.--

Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd. Your Odoo/OpenERP Solution, just an email away!

On 6/12/14, 11:27 AM

Davide,

Please go to security and allow ir.values object for all access.

Thanks.

I went to Security -> Access control list -> ir_values group_all and I add the group of that user, but it is still not working. I went to Security -> Record Rules -> ir.values Group was "Global", but I add the specif group of that user. But still not working.

Davide
on 6/13/14, 10:34 AM

Davide,if it still does not work, we should better trace technically and find the root.Go to ORM, find the error message and see what record rule blocks you.

on 7/9/14, 6:26 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/12/14, 8:26 AM
Seen: 1385 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM