Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Problem sending mail from Odoo 8

Paul Nilsen
on 10/3/14, 4:49 PM 3,279 views

I have installed Odoo 8 on Windows server 2012. I configured incoming and outgoing mail, both returning 'successful' in connection tests. I have no problem receiving emails (POP and IMAP), but can't send any mails out, and I get no errors. The sent mail shows up in Archive in Messaging. I even created a catchall mailbox in my domain but nothing shows up there either.

I tested sending mail to myself (Administrator), to a user, and to a client, none worked. Is there any settings that I am missing?

First of all did you verified outgoing server ? 

1. To verify outgoing server : 

1) Go to Settings >> Technical >> Email >> Outgoing Server

2) Open your configured server. 

3) Click on "Test Connection" button. Is your connection successful ?

2. To check your server must be in low priority 

Sometimes when you define your outgoing server, it is having higher priority then default one of Odoo. Please make your server as Priority "1". Set bigger priority for rest of others. If multiple outgoing servers are there then OpenERP selects which is having low priority or of lower ID in case if priority are same. So try to follow this way by seting lowest priority of your outgoing server.

3. Give me your log over here.

If above both ways will not work then I guess some of the SMTP library problems because you are using windows. So paste your log over here. So I can trace what is the problem.

I am sure you will get your solution within first 2 ways. If not then we are here for you ! ;)

May this answer help you !

On 10/16/14, 9:43 AM

Did you delete the default outgoing server "localhost" ?

On 12/18/14, 6:50 AM

I am having the same problem i am using odoo at ubuntu 14.04

my Outgoing Mail Servers details are

SSL/TLS is selected

port :465

at TEST CONNECTION it said Successfull ...

but still not been able to send the mail using Mass Mail from localhost

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Asked: 10/3/14, 4:49 PM
Seen: 3279 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM