This question has been flagged
3 Replies

I know that on v10 and v11 cannot use string as an identifier string for xpath, in "purchase.order form" there are 2 pages of Product and Deliveries & Invoices. I tried page [2] but didn't work, currently I leave the page [2] / group, then the page groups are gone. So what is the new method to hide the page? thanks for all sharing

Discard
Best Answer

HI Vu,

You can hide/remove a page by calling it by the name:

<xpath expr="//page[name='the_page_name']" position="inside">
    <!-- Your code here to add custom logic -->
</xpath>

<!-- Or to remove the page -->
<xpath expr="//page[name='the_page_name']" position="replace"/>

If your page has no name set your only option is to use xpath expressions with an index (so page[2]). Don't forget that xpath expressions start counting from 0 and not 1:

<xpath expr="//page[2]" position="inside">
    <!-- Your code here to add custom logic -->
</xpath>

<!-- Or to remove the page -->
<xpath expr="//page[2]" position="replace"/>

You can find quite some xpath expressions that look much like what you need in the code. Have a look at https://github.com/odoo/odoo/search?l=XML&q=%3Cxpath+expr%3D%2F%2Fpage for quite some examples.

Regards,
Yenthe

Discard
Author

Hi, Yenthe,

The form has 2 pages. As mentioned above, when page [1], the page product is hidden, ie the index starts from 1, but [2] cannot, ?? - inside does not work, unfortunately because there is no "name". I also tried xpath on "name" for page [2] and then made it hidden by page [name = 'the_page_name'] but failed. I don't understand what this page is special about. although it does not inherit from any other form

Best Answer

Hello @Vu,

As you know  that on v10 and v11 cannot use string as an identifier string for x-path,

Thanks for the answer @yenthe and it works in common views

But In this conditions, 

we have notebook  inside page and page inside addons have added another notebook and pages in purchase(Product page) view 

- so when we have tried using page[2] and other ways it's always taken the first page inside notebook pages

<record id="purchase_order_form_inherit" model="ir.ui.view">

<field name="name">purchase.order.form</field>

<field name="model">purchase.order</field>

<field name="inherit_id" ref="purchase.purchase_order_form"/>

<field name="arch" type="xml">

<xpath expr="//sheet/notebook" position="attributes">

<attribute name="name">orderline_notebook</attribute>

</xpath>

<xpath expr="//sheet/notebook[@name='orderline_notebook']/page[2]" position="replace"/>

</field>

</record>

Regards,

Email: odoo@aktivsoftware.com

Discard
Author

Hi, aktivsoftware Great, i have tried before: xpath name = "name" like yours and then continue inherit the custom form again. but failed, once again thanks for this solution.

Never noticed that, odd design decision :)

Author

(y) I do not understand why I did not add the attribute name = "_ name_page" to some pages of the base, or it was a missing error,