Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Problem in receiving email into odoo

By
Simon Lee
on 4/12/16, 8:24 AM 425 views

I am using odoo 9. I set up the outgoing server and can send email from odoo fine. I set up the incoming server according to the instruction in google search but cannot receive any email into odoo.

Here's my incoming server settings:

Server Name: imap.one.com
Port: 993
SSL/TLS: yes
User Name: sales@mycompany.com
Password: [password of sales@mycompany.com]

For the bottom part, I don't know how to fill in. Some suggestion on the web said:

Actions to Perform on Incoming Mails:

Create a New Record = crm.lead ["define the object name from where you want to this email"]

Now click on the "Fetch Now" button.

But I cannot find anything like "crm.lead ["define the object name from where you want to this email"] " in the "Create a New Record" and "Server Action" dropdown lists. Do I type in the crm.lead... code??? Or what should I do???

Please advise. Thanks.

Simon Lee

Ermin Trevisan

--Ermin Trevisan--
| 6 3 7
Walchwil, Switzerland
--Ermin Trevisan--

Ermin Trevisan
On 4/12/16, 8:45 AM

Install a catchall email address on your mail server and use this email address for Odoo. It should work out of the box.

Simon Lee
On 4/15/16, 12:55 PM

Hi Ermin,

Thank you for the answer. However, I don't quite understand what you mean. I tried the following with no avail.

1) Set up a catchall@mycompany.com in my email server.

2) Set ooo incoming mail server as followed:

Server Name: imap.one.com
Port: 993
SSL/TLS: yes
User Name: catchall@mycompany.com
Password: [password of catchall@mycompany.com]

3) I sent a test email to candy@mycompany.com (a non-existing email account). Since that email address does not exist, it should forwarded to the catchall@hagoinc.com which it did. But I did not see it appeared in ooo even though the ooo incoming server is set to catchall@hagoinc.com.

I probably don't understand how the incoming email works in odoo. My question is whether odoo can serve as a incoming mail client which can accept email from outside such as reply from a user that confirms the acceptance of an invitation into the system. If yes, please advise how the set it up with step-by-step instruction. Your help is highly appreciated.

Simon Lee

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/12/16, 8:24 AM
Seen: 425 times
Last updated: 4/15/16, 12:55 PM