This question has been flagged
2 Replies

I am using odoo 9. I set up the outgoing server and can send email from odoo fine. I set up the incoming server according to the instruction in google search but cannot receive any email into odoo.

Here's my incoming server settings:

Server Name: imap.one.com
Port: 993
SSL/TLS: yes
User Name: sales@mycompany.com
Password: [password of sales@mycompany.com]

For the bottom part, I don't know how to fill in. Some suggestion on the web said:

Actions to Perform on Incoming Mails:

Create a New Record = crm.lead ["define the object name from where you want to this email"]

Now click on the "Fetch Now" button.

But I cannot find anything like "crm.lead ["define the object name from where you want to this email"] " in the "Create a New Record" and "Server Action" dropdown lists. Do I type in the crm.lead... code??? Or what should I do???

Please advise. Thanks.

Simon Lee

Discard
Best Answer

Install a catchall email address on your mail server and use this email address for Odoo. It should work out of the box.

Discard
Author Best Answer

Hi Ermin,

Thank you for the answer. However, I don't quite understand what you mean. I tried the following with no avail.

1) Set up a catchall@mycompany.com in my email server.

2) Set ooo incoming mail server as followed:

Server Name: imap.one.com
Port: 993
SSL/TLS: yes
User Name: catchall@mycompany.com
Password: [password of catchall@mycompany.com]

3) I sent a test email to candy@mycompany.com (a non-existing email account). Since that email address does not exist, it should forwarded to the catchall@hagoinc.com which it did. But I did not see it appeared in ooo even though the ooo incoming server is set to catchall@hagoinc.com.

I probably don't understand how the incoming email works in odoo. My question is whether odoo can serve as a incoming mail client which can accept email from outside such as reply from a user that confirms the acceptance of an invitation into the system. If yes, please advise how the set it up with step-by-step instruction. Your help is highly appreciated.

Simon Lee

Discard