Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Problem In Custom Filters ?

By
Vaibhav
on 8/8/13, 8:47 AM 1,170 views

When I save a custom filter in Menu Sales/Customer and set it as default ...

then go into Purchases/Suppliers the same default filter is in there as when in customers.

I assume this is because customers and suppliers are from the same place in the database, the only difference is whether the customer or supplier check box is selected.

The question is: Is there a way to set different default filters for the customer section and the supplier section through GUI not from code ?

Marc Cassuto

--Marc Cassuto--
| 4 4 8
Montreal, Canada
--Marc Cassuto--

Marc Cassuto
On 8/8/13, 11:19 AM

Hello,

you pointed out an interesting issue. In fact, from a user point of view, this a bug and I suggest you to record it at Lanchpad.

To answer your question, the only way to do achieve what you want without any coding is to modify the views in the interface.

Here the procedure to modify the default filter for Sales\Customers:

• go to Settings\Technical\User interface\Menu Items;
  • search for Customers and select Sales\Sales\Customer;
  • edit this menu;
  • in the form, edit the action "Customers" by clicking on its icon on the right;
  • you can now modify the context value;
  • save the action and then the menu;
  • test !

Marc

PS: please vote if you find this answer useful.

I tried same. I did changes in context value of respected menu llike [('customer','=',True)] but it is not working properly. That newly created filter is still appear there.

Vaibhav
on 8/12/13, 2:59 AM

We discussed this issue with Open ERP support they told us same solution. They also told that it may be not a bug of Open ERP. This is how open ERP is working. Giving more Flexibility in Functionality.

Vaibhav
on 8/21/13, 8:30 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/8/13, 8:47 AM
Seen: 1170 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM