Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

problem customer account during creation of a supplier

By
s.salahcharki
on 5/29/13, 2:46 PM 4,396 views

is there a way not to show the account (it is mandatory) for the creation of a new supplier? if not you may need to give as value

I can't understand your question, could you provide a better illustration for your problem.

Smart Way LLC, Anas Taji
on 5/29/13, 9:36 PM

I'll explain when we want to create a provider you do not need to specify the account (which is mandatory in the screen Creation) by cons must choose only the vendor account. My question is what can be disabled this account he was a civil right to be this type of account.

s.salahcharki
on 5/29/13, 10:02 PM

Do you mean, Why when you create a new Supplier the system force you to specify a debtors account?

Smart Way LLC, Anas Taji
on 5/29/13, 10:06 PM

this is exactly what I meant

s.salahcharki
on 5/29/13, 10:32 PM

Anas Taji

--Anas Taji--
| 6 7 8
Amman, Jordan
--Anas Taji--

Email: anas.taji@smartway-jo.com

Anas Taji
On 5/30/13, 10:05 AM

openERP relies on these two default accounts in many operation, so its not good idea to change the field to optional filed as you will face many problems indeed. however, you can overcome this problem by preset these accounts in the system defaults, so the user will no longer forced to enter them each time manually.

to set these default accounts follow these instructions:

• You need to have creditors,debtors accounts in your chart of accounts having payable,receivable as type respectivlly.
  • While Technical Features enabled, Go to Settings->Technical->Parameters->Configuration Parameters and configure both 'Account Receivable' & 'Account Payable' fields with the above accounts.

Hope this will help you..%

thank you for your answer, but to tell you I'm not real good comprisle first point. "Have You need to Creditors, debtors accounts in your chart of accounts HAVING payable, receivable as type respectivlly" if you can explain to me with a small example I would be very grateful :)

s.salahcharki
on 5/30/13, 11:23 AM

when you create new account it's mandatory to set the account type and the internal account type, there you should set the appropriate type for each account, also you need to check the Allow Reconciliation option for both accounts.

Smart Way LLC, Anas Taji
on 5/30/13, 12:15 PM
Viktor Aditya
On 5/30/13, 8:38 AM

If you want to add a supplier without the debtors account, you will have to add supplier via csv or import data.

thank you very much for your feedback, I can ask you if you have an example of a .csv file?

s.salahcharki
on 5/30/13, 8:54 AM

You can get it by yourself, go to supplier >> list view >> check any of supplier >> more >> export >> there are a lot of available fields, basically you want to choose the blue one (mandatory) >> add and export to file. When u import csv, choose account payable field as don't import.

UNTAR, Viktor Aditya
on 5/30/13, 8:58 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/29/13, 2:46 PM
Seen: 4396 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM