Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Private webpage with Website Builder

By
Gerard
on 4/3/15, 1:04 PM 1,301 views

Hi, 

I;m wondering if it's possible to create private pages. Only for users that are logged-in.

I would like to create a dashboard page with invoice and quotes, but not through the backend. 

Any tips are welcome.

Regards,

Hi Gerard,

It is possible to accomplish this by using t-if statements and user group/access rights.

The features you have described are already being built into the master branch of Odoo that will become Odoo 9.0 though in the master-website-portal-dbo branch in:

https://github.com/odoo-dev/odoo/tree/master-website-portal-dbo

Please note however this is a development branch and should not be used for production. The base module that handles this is called website_portal and there are dependant modules to achieve specific functionality in the frontend like invoices and quotes, etc.

Luke Branch
on 4/4/15, 3:23 AM

Thanks Luke and Tan, I will probably wait for Odoo 9. No need to spend a lot of time on this. I belief Odoo 9 is planned for June, right? For other people searching for more info about building a custom pages, this tutorial is very helpful: https://www.odoo.com/documentation/8.0/howtos/website.html#creating-a-basic-module Regards.

Gerard
on 4/5/15, 5:00 AM

@Gerard

No problem. Yes I would recommend waiting for Version 9.0 rather than trying to build these features yourself, as it would be quite complicated to bring the invoices into the frontend/website in a secure way without some serious Odoo/Coding skills.

With that being said however I would not hold your breath for a release of Odoo 9.0 stable in June. Fabien has released a statement saying that it will be released only when it is ready. The release date could be one month, or 6 months after that date. This has not yet been decided internally by Odoo SA yet as far as I am aware.

From my experience with the release of Odoo 8.0, it will also take some time for the stable release version to fully stabilise, as there are always going to be some bugs in the initial release that will be undiscovered until the all the modules have been put through their paces extensively by the community.

Many useful community modules built by the OCA:

https://github.com/oca

And others will also take quite some time to be ported to version 8.0. This can often take quite some time (3-9 months), depending on the developer as they are all community-driven efforts. This means they are often ported only once they are needed for community members' projects.

If you would like to learn more about how it might be done in version 8.0, i'd recommend looking into the master-website-portal-dbo to see how it is achieved there, and then experiment to see if the features you need can be backported to 8.0.

Luke Branch
on 4/5/15, 6:19 AM
Meng Choon Tan
On 4/4/15, 12:10 AM

Hi Gerard,

Technically possible. I believe you can create a website template to display your content and add in the logic that validates the login id of the person before showing the content.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/3/15, 1:04 PM
Seen: 1301 times
Last updated: 4/5/15, 6:19 AM