This question has been flagged
5 Replies

Good morning,

We use the tasks and issues to coordinate with our clients. The base features (email notifications etc) via the social networking module are there, but we are lacking an essential feature:

Issues raised by customers often spark internal discussions (ie. a consultant asking a developer for his/her assessment of the work involved). This should happen in the same communication stream attached to the ticket, but should not be visible to the customer.

"Logging a note", instead of "sending a message" will suppress the notification to the customer (who is a follower), but the customer will still see the note in the portal.

Any idea how this can be achieved? Can this be done with suitable permissions? Or would this need a customization on the social networking bit to mark messages for "employees only"?

Regards

Markus

Discard

With the version of OE I am using I can not confirm your observation. Notes as of "Logging a note" are not visible to the portal user. Please note, it is paramount that the portal user is not part of the Human Resources / Employee group.

Best Answer

How about the module Notes? It is a default module, and according to the description:

Use notes to write meeting minutes, organize ideas, organize personnal todo lists, etc. Each user manages his own personnal Notes. Notes are available to their authors only, but they can share notes to others users so that several people can work on the same note in real time. It's very efficient to share meeting minutes.

It looks like the author can share the notes with specific people, so the customer doesn't see the note, unless he gets permission.

The issue might be, that it is difficult to attach a specific note to a specific communication stream/order/service....

Discard
Best Answer

Have a look at this module: https://apps.odoo.com/apps/modules/8.0/internal_thread/. It allows sending a message from any object only for selected users without interrupting other followers

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Patrick,

I looked at the notes module.

It's more geared towards noting down personal ideas and to-dos. Very similar what you would use trello for.

But it's not at all attached or connected to tasks or issues. So this would be on the same level as sending emails between the users. Doable, but not easy to track history for other users not involved at this stage.

For me the simplest would be to make "logged noted" of the social networking module private to normal users and excluding portal users.

Discard

In that case you have to make your own module, or search the internet for a module which does what you want.