Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Printing a 'paid' invoice [Closed]

By
Chris Dennis
on 4/15/13, 3:27 PM 2,240 views

The Question has been closed

by
Ray Carnes
on 04/18/2013 14:05:09

I've just installed OpenERP 7, and I'm trying to get to grips with it. I've just installed the Accounting and Finance module so far.

When I print an invoice, there's nothing on it to indicate whether or not it's been paid.

I often want to give a client a copy of an invoice after they've paid it to act as a receipt.

Is there a way of doing that?

cheers

Chris

Ray Carnes

--Ray Carnes--
| 9 7 9
Greater Los Angeles, United States
--Ray Carnes--

Senior Odoo Analyst

OpenERP 6.1, 7.0 and Odoo 8.0, 9.0 (Since 2012)

Completed Functional and Technical Training.

Major Skills:

• Needs Discovery and Requirements Analysis;

• Function and Technical Specifications;

• Project Planning;

• Prototyping and Proof of concepts;

• Data migration;

• Configuration & Customization (UI and modules);

• Integration - data, business logic and service levels;

• Training and Knowledge transfer;

• Go Live support;

• Help desk;

• Version Migration.

I have over 20 years of experience empowering and enabling users with enterprise information systems that make a real and measurable difference in their ability to proactively manage their businesses and organizations. 

Ray Carnes
On 4/18/13, 1:19 AM

An example customizing the Invoice RML:

<para style="terp_default_9">
  Current balance due for this invoice is: [[ formatLang(o.residual, digits=get_digits(dp='Account'),
  currency_obj=o.currency_id) ]]
</para>

Adding the residual field via OpenOffice will achieve the same thing.

Excellent -- thank you. That's the sort of pointer I was looking for.

Chris Dennis
on 4/18/13, 7:10 AM

Mustufa Rangwala (mra)

--Mustufa Rangwala (mra)--
Tiny ERP Pvt Ltd
http://www.odoo.com
| 2 1 4
Ahmedabad, India
--Mustufa Rangwala (mra)--

- Around 7+ years of strong experience in Odoo (Formerly OpenERP) which is world's largest Open Source Business Applications driven by CEO Fabien Pinckaers. - Played key role in developing and maintaining various Odoo Product modules and integrating them on Open Source ERP Environment. - Experience on Scrum methodology for project management - Experience in Team Building - Quick Start Implementations. - Worked on almost all versions (4.0, 5.0, 6.0, 6.1, 7.0, SAAS, Trunk(8.0)...) of Odoo (Formerly OpenERP) . Specialities: Odoo Business Process And OpenERP Implementation. Odoo Application Support and Maintenance. Odoo Technical & Functional Training. Business Process Mapping & Gap Analysis (Functional and Technical Analysis)

Mustufa Rangwala (mra)
On 4/17/13, 4:58 AM

Hi,

No there is not such indication in OpenERP default invoice report, you need to go to customization for that report.

Regards, Mustufa Rangwala

OK, that's fine. What's the best way to customise a printed report these days? I've seen discussion of various approaches (OpenOffice, webkit, etc.).

Chris Dennis
on 4/17/13, 6:16 AM

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/15/13, 3:27 PM
Seen: 2240 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM