Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Printer configuration POS

By
Victor Obrist
on 9/19/14, 1:56 PM 2,494 views

Hello, I'm trying to print the receipt from the Point of Sale module to an EPSON TM U220D printer, but it prints many symbols and question marks. If I print from another application, like LibreOffice Write it prints fine. I downloaded the printer driver from epson https://download.epson-biz.com/modules/pos/index.php?page=prod&pcat=5&scat=32&pid=42 and installed too. I configure the margins on Firefox and nothing, always de symbols. Any help? 

I'm using Ubuntu server 14.04 LTS and Odoo version 8.

Thanks

Victor Obrist
On 9/19/14, 4:54 PM

Finally I could print!!

It was a configuration matter, the printer's resolution to be precise. Change from 160x144 dpi to 80x72dpi and works perfectly. Now I'm changing the xml and css to make it better. Also I installed the ESC/POS Hardware module and restarted the server (the system, not only the Odoo), I don't know if it has some effect, first try without this module and then if it has no effect install it.

I wish this help somebody.

Thanks for the help anyway and keep helping.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 9/19/14, 1:56 PM
Seen: 2494 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM