Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Print ticket from POS before sale, edit ticket afterwards [Closed]

By
Matthew Fournier
on 10/4/13, 8:31 PM 3,122 views

The Question has been closed

by
IBS
on 10/09/2013 15:23:09

Is it possible to print out a list of items in the cart on the POS before actually making a sale? I'm using OpenERP at a restaurant, and I would like to be able to print a ticket to send to the kitchen, but not actually cash out the order until later. If anything changes, I would like to be able to go back to that ticket and change it before cashing out.

IBS

--IBS--
| 4 5 8
Tétouan, Morocco
--IBS--

For more informations about IBS, please visit our website at www.ibs-na.com.

For a specific questions, collaboration or help, please send us an email to support@ibs-na.com

IBS
On 10/6/13, 3:17 PM

This can be achieved, however it can't be done through some configuration, it requires code modification.

The Point of Sale module has a set of screens, you can make the receipt screen show up first when you click the Cash button, and then add a button to this screen that will take you to the actual payment screen.

in file widgets.js, go to line 127 and change 'payment' to 'receipt', so it becomes:

self.pos_widget.screen_selector.set_current_screen('receipt');

in file screens.js go to line 825 which is under:

this.add_action_button({
                label: _t('Next Order'),
                icon: '/point_of_sale/static/src/img/icons/png48/go-next.png',
                click: function() { self.finishOrder(); },
            });

And add the following right after it:

this.add_action_button({
                label: _t('Payment'),
                icon: '/point_of_sale/static/src/img/icons/png48/go-next.png',
                click: function() { self.pos_widget.screen_selector.set_current_screen('payment'); },
            });

The process becomes Cash button -> Receipt -> Payment -> Receipt.

Any idea where I should start looking? Probably in screens.js, models.js, or widgets.js. I'm thinking just copying the entire print functionality from the sale and putting it somewhere on the sidebar.

Matthew Fournier
on 10/7/13, 2:32 PM

I updated my answer, check it out.

IBS
on 10/7/13, 7:27 PM

Just what I needed! Thank you!

Matthew Fournier
on 10/9/13, 3:20 PM

You are welcome.

IBS
on 10/9/13, 3:22 PM

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/4/13, 8:31 PM
Seen: 3122 times
Last updated: 6/22/16, 10:48 PM