Help

Print ticket from POS before sale, edit ticket afterwards

Matthew Fournier

Is it possible to print out a list of items in the cart on the POS before actually making a sale? I'm using OpenERP at a restaurant, and I would like to be able to print a ticket to send to the kitchen, but not actually cash out the order until later. If anything changes, I would like to be able to go back to that ticket and change it before cashing out.

Discard
1 Answer
IBS Group
Best Answer

This can be achieved, however it can't be done through some configuration, it requires code modification.

The Point of Sale module has a set of screens, you can make the receipt screen show up first when you click the Cash button, and then add a button to this screen that will take you to the actual payment screen.

in file widgets.js, go to line 127 and change 'payment' to 'receipt', so it becomes:

self.pos_widget.screen_selector.set_current_screen('receipt');

in file screens.js go to line 825 which is under:

this.add_action_button({
                label: _t('Next Order'),
                icon: '/point_of_sale/static/src/img/icons/png48/go-next.png',
                click: function() { self.finishOrder(); },
            });

And add the following right after it:

this.add_action_button({
                label: _t('Payment'),
                icon: '/point_of_sale/static/src/img/icons/png48/go-next.png',
                click: function() { self.pos_widget.screen_selector.set_current_screen('payment'); },
            });

The process becomes Cash button -> Receipt -> Payment -> Receipt.

4 Comments
Discard
Matthew Fournier
-

Any idea where I should start looking? Probably in screens.js, models.js, or widgets.js. I'm thinking just copying the entire print functionality from the sale and putting it somewhere on the sidebar.

IBS Group
-

I updated my answer, check it out.

Matthew Fournier
-

Just what I needed! Thank you!

IBS Group
-

You are welcome.