Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Print and Export To excel..help?

By
mike
on 8/8/13, 11:06 AM 1,764 views

Is there a way i can add the tab on my erp that i can click on and it automatically sends the files to the printer and the other one that automatically exports the files to excel....Pleease Help I am using Open Erp 7.0

Mike

you are speaking about report files or some other files?

Maniganda
on 8/8/13, 11:25 AM
eLBati
On 9/3/13, 7:30 AM

web_export_view is now available for OpenERP 7

See https://apps.openerp.com/apps/7.0/web_export_view/

Marc Cassuto

--Marc Cassuto--
| 4 4 8
Montreal, Canada
--Marc Cassuto--

Marc Cassuto
On 8/8/13, 11:57 AM

Hello Mike,

in fact, you need 2 actions .....

... and they are already there.

1. printing action automatically display when you are in a form view or select at least one item in a tree view. You should not automate this for 2 reasons :

• sometimes there are more than 1 report and the user has to choose the one he wants to print ( for instance Customers);

• as you are using a web client, you can be anywhere in the world... hence the printer is dependant on the office where you are located and not on the openERP server. It's a flexibility you want to keep

2. to export, the action is also already there, as soon as you select at least one item in a tree view. The More button will appear and contains the export function. This function allow you to export to excel and you can save your field list to export.

Regards, Marc

PS: please vote if you find this answer userful

AJ Schrafel Paper Corp

--AJ Schrafel Paper Corp--
| 4 5 8
Bronx, United States
--AJ Schrafel Paper Corp--

Exploring OpenERP for business

AJ Schrafel Paper Corp
On 8/8/13, 12:30 PM

Yes there is a community module base_report_to_printer - that will automatically send reports to a printer.

You cannot use this module with the SaaS version of openERP You must have a printer that can be printed to with CUPS

will it work with openerp 7?

Nadeem Ahmed
on 8/29/13, 2:42 AM

the openerp V7 version of the module is in development. The code is in there but it is still being worked on.

AJ Schrafel Paper Corp
on 8/29/13, 10:59 AM

Thanks for info:)

Nadeem Ahmed
on 8/29/13, 9:36 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/8/13, 11:06 AM
Seen: 1764 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM