This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Hi!

At one of our companies we sell electrical appliances so therefore also cables.

In Austria, we charge a base price for the cable that includes some of the copper or aluminium and other commodities and an extra charge for the commodities that targets the volatility of them.

Is there a way or a module that can calculate the prices like once a week or per day based on the amount of the commodity that is in the cable while we set the commodity price manually or dynamically?

The formula looks something like:
Base price + Amount of the commodity * commodity price

Thanks!

Discard
Best Answer

Create a scheduler that runs every week and updates the price of the product based on commodity price / any other parameter for volatility that you use.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

look at this module - https://apps.odoo.com/apps/modules/11.0/variants_bridge_pricing_numerical/

If amount of commodity is an attribute of the product, it might suit.

Discard
Author Best Answer

@IT Libertas: Thanks, I'm going to write the developer to see if that works!
In general it maybe should also be possible to hardcode a formula that takes the base price + the amount of the commodity (from an attribute) to multiply it with the commoditiy price - even though I don't know where I should store that price. (Maybe as another product? Like a copper product, an aluminium product and so on)

@vishalratani: Thanks, is it possible to run a recalculation when the price of the commodity changes?

Discard

yes that too can be done.