This question has been flagged
4 Replies

Hello,
I want to make some fields on leads form unique for be sure not duplicate, is there an easy way to make it without add modules?
Best regards

Discard

have a look at this app - https://apps.odoo.com/apps/modules/13.0/crm_duplicates/ - possible to define any stored fields as soft duplicates (just to warn) or rigid duplicate (to restrict creation)

Best Answer

Hi,

As you are looking to do it from the user interface activate the debug mode and make sure that the module named(technical name) base_automation is installed in database.

Navigate to Settings -> Technical -> Automation -> Automated Action, here you can create a new record for this purpose, in the below example it is shown for preventing the duplicates in the field Email in crm.lead Model,

Give a name for the record let it be Prevent Duplicates in Lead, select the model as Lead/Opportunity, set trigger condition and in the action to do choose execute python code.

Python Code to add:

leads = model.search([('email_from', '=', record.email_from)])
if leads:
  raise Warning("Email Already Exists")

Click and save record, now when you create lead with duplicated email, it will raise warning like this,

Thanks

Discard

Is there any way, that I need to allow duplicates to prevent typing Extra Info every time and but I have to block the entering same name twice.

I tried this but now any lead or opportunity gets that message even when there isn't a duplicate. using v14.

Try as follows,
leads = model.search([('email_from', '=', record.email_from)m ('id', '!=', record.id])
if leads:
raise Warning("Email Already Exists")

Best Answer

Hey guys!

I tried to follow these instructions here. 

I have a custom filed done with studio for product shortname. Name of the field is x_studio_category_shortname_3

I tried to create an automated action.

Match records with the following rule:
Category shortname
is set

Wathed field is - x_studio_category_shortname_3

Python code is:

category = model.search([('x_studio_category_shortname_3', '=', record.x_studio_category_shortname_3)])
if category:
    raise Warning("Category Already Exists")

The warning appears only when I try to delete the category shortname. 
My expectation is to raise a warning when the name is duplicated. What am I doing wrong?

I hope my explanation is not too confusing. 

Discard
Author Best Answer

can make it for many field or must creat new recoerd for every field ?

Discard