Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Prevent incoming emails from automatically turning into leads

Dat Tau
on 3/17/14, 10:08 PM 1,427 views

I currently have an openerp system setup with the crm and email modules. Some incoming emails are automatically converting into leads. The problem is some of these emails are not actually leads. Can this 'automatic incoming email to lead' feature be turned off. Alternatively, how can you set the parameters to convert email to leads?

Med Said BARA

--Med Said BARA--
| 5 5 7
--Med Said BARA--
Med Said BARA
On 3/18/14, 6:25 AM

Go under Settings ---> Configuration ---> Sales : and uncheck " Create leads from incoming mails"

create leads

This is already unchecked, although this does not appear to be the related setting. It seems like this setting would turn all incoming emails from the configured incoming server into leads. My problem is, OpenERP selectively turns some emails into leads. Its somehow parsing my incoming leads to determine what type of email it is, (whether its a lead, or some other document type), then creating the lead document and adding a message to the lead.

Dat Tau
on 3/19/14, 3:45 PM
On 3/18/14, 5:11 AM

You have a connector (POP or IMAP) in General Settings / Incoming Mail Servers. Open the connector and remove "Actions to perform on Incoming Mails".

Please see the comment above. That setting is set to blank. Again, its not that all my emails are turning into leads, openerp is somehow parsing my incoming emails to determine what document type it is. Then creating the necessary document. Most emails go straight to my inbox.

Dat Tau
on 3/19/14, 3:48 PM

Try to see under "Settings ---> Technical ---> Automated Actions ----> Automated Actions" if there is an "Automated Action" related to your case. If so, open it and make it inactive by unchecking the field "Active". Try also to restart your server if necessary.

Med Said BARA
on 3/19/14, 4:50 PM

The Automated Actions section is completely empty

Dat Tau
on 3/19/14, 4:53 PM

See also under "Settings ---> Technical ---> Actions ---> Server Actions"

Med Said BARA
on 3/19/14, 4:56 PM

I dont think there are any related actions. Sunder Server Actions, there are three items: "Deliver/Receive Products", "Module Immediate Install", and "Run Remaining Action Todo" (res.config object).

Dat Tau
on 3/19/14, 5:07 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 3/17/14, 10:08 PM
Seen: 1427 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM