This question has been flagged

Odoo online V8.  According to the user documentation "

The software allows you to select a default chart of accounts from a huge list of predefined charts. To install the chart of accounts as well as the tax definitions for your own country (in most cases), select the chart corresponding to your country from the menu Settings ‣ Configuration ‣ Invoicing. The Configurable Account Chart Template offers a default (but limited) set of accounts which can be used as a basic chart in any country. The list also includes a lot of localised charts of accounts."

https://doc.odoo.com/doc_static/7.0/_images/account_chart.png

I have found configurable account chart templete but it does not have the install more chart templates option beside it.

The pre-installed chart of accounts does look ok to me but I have no way of knowing if it is correct for UK or not.

Discard
Author

Problem solved. In creating a new test account I found the option for UK or custom template came up. That led me to discover that I in fact had the correct template installed (UK Tax and Account Chart Template (by SmartMode)) There are alarming differences between the user guide & the actual software set up which creates doubt if it is set correctly.