Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Postgres server password inside openerp-server.conf file!!

By
Anas Taji
on 2/17/14, 10:00 PM 9,489 views

I can read the Postgres server username and password inside the openerp-server.conf file, how to hide/encrypt the Postgres password?

Removing/changing the values will prevent openerp server from connecting to postgresql database server.

a.schenkels
On 2/18/14, 5:49 PM

You should change your PostgreSQL Server configuration.

If you run the OpenERP server with a openerp user make sure the pg_hba.conf file has a setting telling the postgresql server to use peer or ident authentication and not MD5.

If this is the case you are able to just put the db_user=openerp in your OpenERP server config file and it will no longer be needed to put the password in the config file.

André Schenkels

In my openerp-server.conf, there is only written admin_passwd in plain text, but not the password for postgres database user, although my psql authentication mode in pg_hba.conf file is set to MD5...

NSC
on 8/13/14, 9:52 AM

You can't BUT you can make it secure.

1. Use an user just for openerp not a general admin of postgresql
  2. Adjust the permisions of the file:

chmod 600 openerp-server.conf

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/17/14, 10:00 PM
Seen: 9489 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM